Painting from collage allows students to experience the entire process of making an artwork, even when there has been difficulty in starting an artwork before.
This three-day Abstract Painting Workshop will be held over the Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend.
Students will follow a process which will take you from creating a collage from found magazine images to the undertaking of an abstract or semi-abstract painting in oils or acrylics.
You will learn about:
- How to loosen up creatively and have a bit of fun.
- The Elements of Design and the Principles of Design.
- Taking a preliminary image and translating it to a larger format.
- How to develop a painting and unearth deeper and more meaningful aspects of the work.
- Considering conceptual elements.
- The entire painting process with a technical focus.
- Tone, Colour, Composition and Narrative in an artwork.
The workshop is limited to ten people to ensure one-on-one tuition. It will be tutored by artist Irene Ferguson. You can read more about her here.
Please bring along a canvas of over 50cm on one side – all other materials are included.
Workshop details and enrolment
Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend: Sat Jun 11th, Sun Jun 12th, Mon Jun 13th (three days)
Time: 9.30m – 4.00pm
Location: Enderby Studio, 314 Church Street, Richmond
Most materials included
Please note: If you experience difficulties with PayPal not accepting your credit or debit card then it may be because the card is already linked to a PayPal account. Please pay through your PayPal account or use a different card. If you still experience difficulties, please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is now sold out.