In the studio
As we return to the studio, Melbourne Art Class is taking the following precautions to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- All classes will have a reduced number of students, between 8 to 10 students (depending on the space requirements of the class). This will allow us to maintain social distancing and allow more than 4 square metres between each person.
- During the class, students; easels and/or tables will be positioned to allow 1.5 metres distance between each person. Students will be encouraged to maintain this distance throughout the class in order to prevent the spread of the illness.
- All touch points will be regularly disinfected and disinfectant spray and wipes will be available throughout the classes so that equipment can be continuously cleaned.
- Students and teachers will be encouraged to follow the government recommended personal hygiene practices including coughing and sneezing into a tissue or elbow, regularly washing hands and not attending the class if unwell.
- Hand sanitiser will be available during the classes and it will be required for students and teachers to use the hand sanitiser upon entry and exit of the studio.
Adjustments to refund policy
To accommodate for the variety of circumstances that we are all experiencing and government recommendations about staying at home to halt the spread of the virus, we will be making the following adjustments to our refund policy for the duration of this period:
- If you have any symptoms of illness, do not attend class and please go to get tested at the many testing points throughout the state. If you get tested within three days of your scheduled class, you are eligible to apply for a refund for the issued class.
- If you have attended a school, workplace or social setting that has had COVID cases in the past week you are required to go into isolation. If you send us evidence of this, we will provide a refund for missed classes while in isolation.
- If you are unable to attend a session because you suspect you have COVID-19, please provide us with evidence that you went to get tested within three days of your class and MAC will refund the value of that class regardless of the test result.
- If you are unable to attend sessions because you are in isolation due to a positive COVID-19 test, please email us with evidence of your having tested positive and we will refund the remainder of your course.
- If live in an area that has been locked down, please let us know as soon as possible and we will provide you with a refund.
- Except for the above circumstances, the Melbourne Art Class terms and conditions requires notice of two weeks prior to the course beginning in order to provide a refund.
- Please feel free to contact us via email (email@example.com) if you have any concerns. We are happy to discuss any circumstances relating to the COVID-19 crisis as we understand this is a difficult time for all.