Level: beginner/intermediate. Some drawing/painting experience required
- Dates: 28-Oct – 16-Dec
- Saturdays 9:00am – 11:30am
- Cost: $428 (all materials incl.*)
This seven-week Introduction to Portraiture Course will be presented by artist Marco Corsini. You can read more about Marco here.
This is a technical course that will include both drawing and painting and will introduce students to:
- Basic anatomy and structure of the head
- The features (eyes, nose and mouth)
- Painting flesh with a limited palette
- The final four weeks of the course you will be drawing one of two models that will join the class
During the first three weeks you will be drawing; focusing on anatomy, structure and form. The final four weeks you will paint a portrait of one of our life models.
This course is best for artists with some experience in painting and drawing.
Materials and some canvases (to a size limit) are supplied.
Classes will be restricted to about ten places to ensure one-on-one tuition.
- Course dates: Saturdays, 28-Oct, 11-Nov, 18-Nov, 25-Nov, 2-Dec, 9-Dec, 16-Dec (no class on 4-Nov – Melbourne Cup Weekend)
- Time: 9:00am – 11:30am
- Location: Enderby studio, 314 Church Street, Richmond
- Cost: $428 incl. GST
- Materials: Please bring along a canvas of at least 30cm on one side to the fourth session. All other materials will be provided.
Feedback from our students
“I found the learning environment dynamic and supportive. Marco’s warm, enthusiastic and inspired approach to art tuition made for a truly valuable creative experience.” – Marcus, June 2017
“I really enjoyed Marco’s Portraiture course and I’d love to be back for more classes.” – Hualan, June 2017
“I can’t thank Marco enough for all the energy, patience and talent he put in to my daughter, Claire’s art practice. He really went above and beyond and Claire was able to achieve an amazing result.” – Jane, Dec 2016
“I have recommended Marco classes to others. He has a unique way of assessing the tuition needs of each student within the group. He provides guidance in a measured manner that both stimulates and challenges each individual student.” – Barb, Dec 2016