10-week Online Course
- Dates: Wednesdays; 7-Oct, 14-Oct, 21-Oct, 28-Oct, 4-Nov, 11-Nov, 18-Nov, 25-Nov, 2-Dec, 9-Dec, 2020 – 10 classes
- Time: 4:15pm – 5:30pm
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Course fee: $300 incl. GST
This is a specialised course for students aged 9 to 12 that focuses on the development of foundational techniques for painting and drawing.
The format will be a weekly presentation about artists and techniques, combined with a relevant weekly group exercise.
Term 4 Program
Weeks 1 – 3 Drawing fundamentals
Weeks 4 – 7 Watercolour painting
Students will be introduced to basic watercolour painting techniques such as colour mixing, laying washes, colour glazing and lifting out. Students will create several works experimenting with techniques that are discussed and demonstrated during class.
Week 8 – 10 Mixed media – Drawing and Watercolour
Marco will be asking the children to also work independently outside of the session and check-in weekly. Marco will be video conferencing live from the MAC studio into students’ own studios.
This course will not be a series of recorded videos. The program, Zoom, that we will be using allows students to interact with each other as well as with Marco to collaboratively explore art techniques. Marco is also able to engage in one-on-one coaching with students during the class just like in the studio.
Marco will provide weekly tutorials, feedback and support group discussion in relation to the groups work. Each class will roughly follow the following format:
- Check in of student’s own weekly work. Group discussion and feedback on individual’s work guided by Marco.
- Group tutorial or demonstration of an art technique relevant to the group followed by group task which student’s will undertake.
- Sharing of work and feedback guided by Marco.
The course takes Melbourne Art Class’s focus on fundamental skills and creates a program suitable for the age group. Enrolments for this class will be limited to 12 students.
We require basic drawing equipment and props:
- Drawing pad or loose paper, preferably A3 size or larger with a supportive backing
- Pencils, preferably HB or 2B, or a charcoal pencil
- Charcoal sticks are great also, but not essential
- Table with the following props: to be advised
Not required until November 4th, class 4
Students will require:
- 12 A3 or A4 watercolour sheets in pad or loose
- Set of Watercolour paints
- Set of Watercolour brushes
- Watercolour palette or equivalent such as plastic lid
- Paper towel
- Water tub
Dates: Wednesdays; 7-Oct, 14-Oct, 21-Oct, 28-Oct, 4-Nov, 11-Nov, 18-Nov, 25-Nov, 2-Dec, 9-Dec, 2020 – 10 classes
Time: 4:15pm – 5:30pm
Location: Online via Zoom
Materials: See above
Course fee: $300 incl. GST
Terms and Conditions (excerpt): No refund or credit will be provided after 14 days prior to the course commencement (23-Sep, 2020), during the course or after the course has finished.
Student feedback from Marco’s Children’s Art Class
“It is a great course and it gives me the freedom to draw whatever I want with proper materials and equipment. I am happy with the length, it gives me enough time to finish or start a project. I think that the studio has the right materials and I never have seen the students asking Marco if he has something and he has said no. Monday has become my favourite day of the week.” – Amelia, 2019
“Coco loves this class with Marco. He is a patient and skillful arts teacher. We are very glad that we found this art class.”- Pearl, 2018
“We recommend the course very much. Marco is a very good teacher. He inspires the students and teaches fundamental skills, also a very good communicator with kids and parents. We are very happy about the course.” – Yuki, Dec 2016