Ages: 9 – 14 years
- Dates: Monday 20th – Thursday 23rd September, 2021
- Time: 10 am – 11:30 am
- Location: Online, via Zoom
- Course fee: $35 per session inc. GST (day to day enrolment)
This is a daily workshop for students aged 9 to 14. Each session will consist of a new discussion about a particular artwork, the context in which it was made and how it was made. Using this conversation as a starting point, participants will be given the task of making their own artwork as a response.
Technical support for drawing and painting, as with our regular studio classes, will be provided where necessary.
Key learning goals are:
- a broader knowledge of art history and associated vocabulary
- analytical skill for looking at art
- technical foundation in drawing
Marco will be video conferencing live. This course will not be a series of recorded videos. The program, Zoom, that we will be using allows students to interact with each other as well as with Marco to collaboratively explore art techniques.
Enrolments for this class will be limited to 12 students per class. Students can enrol in multiple classes as the content will be different each day.
- Drawing pad or loose paper, preferably A3 size or larger with a supportive backing
- Pencils, preferably HB or 2B, or a charcoal pencil
- Charcoal sticks are great also, but not essential
- Table with props: to be advised
- Scrap paper / coloured paper / wrapping paper
- Glue stick or similar
- Old magazines
PAINT & OTHER MEDIA (Not essential)
- Whatever painting materials or other media you might already have. Nice to have but not essential.
Dates: Monday 20th – Thursday 23rd September, 2021
Time: 10 am – 11:30 am
Location: Online, via Zoom
Materials: Please see materials list above
Course fee: $35 per session inc. GST (day to day enrolment)
You will be given the option to book single or multiple classes on the booking screen.
Can’t make it this time? Please complete your details below to be notified of future online children’s classes:
Student and parent feedback
“The class was perfect and Marco was very diligent!” – Boyco, 2019
“Coco loves this class with Marco. He is a patient and skillful arts teacher. We are very glad that we found this art class.”- Pearl, 2018
“We recommend the course very much. Marco is a very good teacher. He inspires the students and teaches fundamental skills, also a very good communicator with kids and parents. We are very happy about the course.” – Yuki, Dec 2016
“Marco showed the ability to accommodate all of our needs with kindness and a willingness to spend the time to push through. Marco showed that he is flexible enough to handle anyone with respect.” – Roz, 2018