One-day Painting Workshop
- Date: Tuesday, 7-Nov (Melbourne Cup Day), 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
- Level: Beginner/intermediate
Over seven hours, explore colour theory, acrylic painting techniques and abstraction with artist Marco Corsini (B.Ed., M.C.A.). During this workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of colour theory and how to use colour in painting. You will also learn about composition in painting.
Marco will also help you begin an abstract painting using the following possible approaches;
- Follow a process which will take you from creating a collage from found magazine images to the undertaking of an abstract or semi-abstract painting in acrylics
- Using found objects or Still Life to look for compositional ideas and manipulate shapes and forms
During the workshop you will learn about:
- The fundamentals of colour theory and how to apply it to a painting
- Creative strategies for making a work while also having a bit of fun
- Considering conceptual elements
- The acrylic painting process with a technical focus
- Tone, colour, composition and narrative in an artwork
Please bring along a canvas of over 50cm on one side – all other materials are included.
The day will include a half hour lunch break and a morning and afternoon break. If participants would like to, we can take a break at 2:00 pm to watch the race that stops the nation!
Date: Tuesday, November 7 (Melbourne Cup Day)
Time: 9:30pm – 4:30pm
Location: Enderby studio, an historic church hall at 314 Church Street, Richmond.
Materials: Please bring along a canvas of over 50cm on one side – all other materials are included.
Course fee: $175 incl. GST
This workshop is now sold out. If you would like to join our next workshop, please enter your details below: