These terms and conditions apply to any and all purchases made with Melbourne Art Class; including direct enrolments and gift certificate and voucher purchases. By making a purchase with Melbourne Art Class (MAC), you agree that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below. This applies to all courses and workshops.
MAC makes financial commitments well in advance of a course beginning, by providing a high quality of teachers, studios, and materials based upon enrolment numbers received. MAC class sizes are also limited to ensure students receive sufficient attention in class, resulting in a narrow profit margin. Therefore late requests for withdrawal make it difficult for MAC to remain viable as a service provider. MAC’s Terms & Conditions are designed to strike a fair balance between these prior financial commitments and any request received for withdrawal.
Course withdrawal before course begins
- Any request to withdraw from a course enrolment must be communicated to us in writing via email (email@example.com). This refund and credit policy is based upon the time of receipt of any request.
- Please see the table below for a summary of MAC’s Terms and Conditions and when a refund or a credit may be applicable.
Receipt of withdrawal request – period before course starts (days)
|More than 7 days
|Full refund of purchased course fees, less a 5% administration fee
|Full credit of purchased course fees, with no administration fee
|Between 7 and 3 days
|No refund available
|Full credit of purchased course fees, less 10% administration fee
|Between 3 days and course start
|No refund available
|Full credit of purchased course fees, less 20% administration fee
Course withdrawal after the beginning of a course
- If you are unable to attend a session we are unable to provide you with any credit, refund or replacement class due to MAC’s small class sizes and prior financial commitments. This applies to all term courses, short courses and multi-day workshops. Please consider this carefully prior to enrolling.
- Swapping between courses or course deferrals are not accepted due to our small class sizes and MAC’s experience of disruption caused to classes.
- Exceptions: At the discretion of MAC management, we may provide a credit for injury or illness if a current medical certificate can be provided. This will be determined on a case by case basis and ultimately decided by MAC. Retrospective requests are not permitted once the course has ended.
- All approved refunds will be made via your original payment method and take up to 5 business days to reach your account from the date we have confirmed granting the refund (confirmation will generally take 1-3 days). If the original payment was made via bank transfer, we will request bank account details to issue the refund and the same time frames will apply.
- All approved credits are available to be used at a future purchase from MAC.
Class cancellations and numbers
- Classes may be cancelled if there are insufficient enrolments. In this instance, a full refund will be offered to students who have enrolled and paid for any classes cancelled by Melbourne Art Classes. In some cases and where available, a make-up class may be offered as an alternative option. This refund does not apply to unforeseen events or catastrophes (please refer below to ‘Force Majeure’).
- Where a Force Majeure event such as an unavoidable or unforeseen interruption occurs to the courses or workshops, MAC may not be able to meet its obligations or may only partially be able to meet its obligations. This includes closure due to disease, government direction or health department direction. In the event that a course or class(es) are missed due to a Force Majeure event, MAC will endeavour to provide a rescheduled course or class. If a suitable reschedule is not possible, MAC may provide a credit or refund at management discretion, however a credit or refund cannot be guaranteed because of the hardship also experienced by MAC.
If this policy concerns you or if you have any questions, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be happy to discuss it with you.
This policy is for all Melbourne Art Class enrolments from the 22nd of January, 2024. A previous policy can be viewed at this link.